- Induction training
- Personal development session
- Global career opportunities
- Overseas familiarisation trips
- First aid courses
Flight Centre Travel Group regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. It is the dedication our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, which have placed us in the Sunday Times 'Top 100 Companies to Work For’ list for 12 years. We've also recently been recognised as one of the UK's Best Workplaces 2016 by Great Place to Work.
- Leadership development courses
- Individual mentoring from a member of the senior management team
- Business plan workshops
- Uncapped sales earning potential
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company share purchase scheme
- Business ownership scheme
- Discounted exercise classes, onsite massage, reflexology, osteopathy and acupuncture
- Discounted personal training sessions and boot camps
- Free health & wellness assessment and nutritional guidance
- Pedometers, fit balls and heart rates monitor
- Social team activities, sports events, fun runs
and in-house competitions
- Free financial consultations
- Debt management
- Insurances & private medical scheme
- Investment portfolios
- Increased holiday allowance after one year
- Breakfasts with the Managing Director
- Sabbatical leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Team expense fund
- Staff travel discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buzz nights
- Christmas party
- UK Awards Ball
- Global Gathering
- Charity of the Year
- Prizes, travel donations and approximately £100,000 raised for charity each year
- Work experience placements
- Partnership with Climate Care
- Employing local people
Our Greatest Benefit
Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of all is the opportunity to develop a career in travel. With our destination and product training, you'll become an expert in your field and inspire others to explore the globe. By joining Flight Centre Travel Group, you will be the starting point of your customers' travel stories.
1. Our People
Our company is our people. We care for our colleagues’ health and wellbeing, their personal and professional development and their financial security. We believe that work should be challenging and fun for everyone and through work we contribute to our community.
2. Our Customer
We recognise that our customers always have a choice. We care about personally delivering amazing travel experiences. This is provided with honesty, integrity and a great attitude. It is the key to our company's success. The key measure of whether we really are personally providing our customers with an amazing experience, an amazing product and a very caring service is they will return again and again.
3. Brightness of Future
We believe our people have the right to belong to a Team (family), a Village, and Area (tribe) and a Nation (hierachy) that will provide them with an exciting future and a supportive working community. They also have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving their career goals. Promotion and transfers from within will always be our first choice.
4. Taking Responsibility
We take full responsibility for our own success or failure. We do not externalise. We accept that we have total ownership and responsibility, but not always control. As a company we recognise and celebrate our individual and collective successes.
5. Egalitarianism And Unity
In our company, we believe that each individual should have equal privileges and rights. In Leisure and Corporate, in Australia and overseas, and in organically grown and acquired businesses, there should be no ‘them and us’.
Our Business Model
We believe each individual in our company should have the opportunity to share in the company’s success through outcome-based incentives, profit share, BOS (franchises) and Employee and Leadership Share Schemes. It is important that business leaders and business team members see the business they run as their business.
Incentives are based on measurable and reliable outcome-based KPIs. We believe that ‘what gets rewarded gets done’. If the right outcomes are rewarded, our company and our people will prosper.
3. Our Standard Systems - One Best Way
In our business there is always ‘one best way’ to operate. These are standard systems employed universally until a better way is shown. This improved way becomes the ‘one best way system’. We value common sense over conventional wisdom.
4. Family, Village, Tribe
Our structure is simple, lean, flat and transparent, with accessible leaders. There is a maximum of 4 and sometimes 5 layers. The village is an unfunded, self-help support group that forms an integral part of our structure.
- Family (Teams - min 3, max 7 members) Villages (min3, max 7 Teams).
- Tribe (Areas - min 10, max 20 Teams).
- Nations/Brands (min 8, max 15 Areas).
- Global Executive Team/Board.
A fair margin resulting in a business profit is the key measure of whether we are providing our customers with an amazing experience, an amazing product and a very caring service - an experience they geniunely value and will pay us for.